Recently most of the users are moving from browser-based web application to the smart phone application and the desire for complex and refined application is extremely huge and it’s still growing. Thus as per the demand the developers are replacing old desktop application with application which are more convenient to use, easy to update and which are not bound to one device.
Once a developer decides to create their own application they have to choose from two main design patterns which are:-
- Multi-page application (MPA)
- Single-page application (SPA)
Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but more importantly before anyone can begin to shape their ideas into application. They have to answer ample of essential questions such as:-
- Which model is best for your application?
- How to follow content-first approach?
- How to put your application content above everything else and emphasizes its importance?
- What content to present to grab the attention of most of the visitors and users?
Overall, your content plays an important role in boosting up the user count for your application and it is essential you present your content wisely.
Single-page website keeps the user in single convenient web space and presents simple and easy content in a workable fashion.
- Only data is transmitted back and forth including the most resources such as CSS, HTML and scripts are loaded only once throughout the existence of the application, makes SPA extremely quick and spontaneous.
- Simple development and eliminates the requirement of writing additional code to deliver pages to server. It also cancels out the need of server in the beginning, as one can easily start by using file file://URI.
- One can easily investigate page element and associated data along with that they can monitor network operation to easily launch a SPAs on chrome.
- Developer has the freedom of reusing the same backend code for mobile application and web application, making SPAs extremely easy to create mobile application.
- An application can deliver single request and stores all data, then it can use this data and work offline, thus it makes SPAs more effective to cache any local storage.
- Heavy client framework are mandatory to be loaded to the client, which makes SPAs extremely slow to download
- SPAs are less secure, if compared to traditional application
Multiple-page applications operate in more traditional way by displaying the data or submit data back to the server to request new page from the server in the browser.
These applications have multiple levels of UI and excessive amount of content, makes it quite massive then SPAs, but we can forget the tension that big and complex application has to transfer complex data between server and browser, thank to AJAX.
- It provides a perfect visual map to the user to navigate in the application and the navigation menu with less level is an essential part of a traditional Multi-Page Application.
- An application can be optimized for single keyword per page, which gives a better chance to determine different ranking for each keyword and makes it extremely easy for proper SEO management
- Lacks the functionality of using similar backend code with mobile application
- Backend and frontend development are tightly paired
- The developer has to use framework for client or sever side, which increases the time required to develop an application and also makes it quite complex.